1 1/2 c. Brown or French Lentils
6 c. Water
1 t. Olive Oil (For boiling)
|Already turning red for Pentecost|
1 1/2 c. Sliced Carrots
3 Chile Peppers - de-seeded and chopped
*You can use fewer if you want tone down the spice.
2 cloves Garlic - Finely chopped
1/2 c. fresh Ginger root - finely chopped
1 T. Curry Powder
1 T. Olive Oil (For Sautéing)
1/2 Bundle of Lacinato Kale
*Apx. 6 c. after removing the stems and chopping
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar
1 t. Salt
1. Soak the Lentils over night in the 6c. of water. See my post on cooking legumes. The lentils will expand to several times their size.
2. Boil the lentils on medium heat with the 1 t. of Olive Oil for apx. 20 min.
3. Sauté the Onion, Carrots, Chiles, Garlic, and Ginger well. Add the Curry Powder. Continue to sauté the vegetable mixture until the vegetables are soft. Then, add the vegetable mixture to the lentils, and simmer on low for apx. 1/2 hr.
4. While the lentils and vegetables are simmering, remove the stems from the Kale and chop it, not too small.
|It's Blurry Soup|
5. After the lentils and vegetables have simmered, turn off the burner or keep it on Low to where it's not boiling. Add the Kale, Balsamic Vinegar, and Salt and let sit for 5 min. Serve.